To be eligible to participate as a J-1 Student Intern, an applicant must meet these requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in and pursuing a degree at an accredited postsecondary academic institution outside the United States.
- Be in good academic standing at her/his home institution outside the United States.
- Be accepted into the Student Intern Program at Nobel University which fulfills the educational objectives for the Student Intern’s current degree program at her/his respective home institution.
- Have verifiable English language skills sufficient to function on a day-to-day basis in the internship environment. Nobel University will verify the student’s English language ability through a sponsor-conducted interview, by a recognized English language test, or by signed documentation from an academic institution or English language school.
- Be in the United States primarily to participate in a student internship program rather than to engage in employment or provide services to an employer.
- Return to the academic program outside the United States and fulfill the educational requirements for that institution after completion of the Student Intern Program.
- Have sufficient funding to support self and any accompanying dependents for the entire stay in the United States, including housing and living expenses.
- Present proof of health insurance for the duration of the J-1 Student Intern Program in the United States; proof of health insurance for all dependents is required as well.